Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Anyone for tennis? (Or a haircut?)

  Once again Wimbledon has burst into our lives with tumultuous  tennis, the odd tantrum and, er, one or two very important haircuts.  If you are a Times reader, then haircuts are just as important as who's beating whom on the centre court, or so it would seem....

In an article by Lucy Bannerman  in today's edition we  learn that Suzanne Strong, the championship's official hairdresser for the last 30 years, has her money on Novak Djokovic. The World No 1, says Suzanne, has booked in for his second haircut in as many days, 'which may prompt anyone to read requests for a trim, like leaves in a teacup, to conclude that the Serbian star is preparing for a long week of photo opportunities.' Oh yes, obviously.

I would tell you a bit more of what Ms Bannerman has to say but she seems to be doing a very good job of padding out the story, in a desperate attempt to fill the page, without any help from me.

Ok - so here's a snippet: Women don't come in as regularly as the men - and female players stick to either very long or very short hair. Ah, that makes a lot of sense.  You would have your hair long or short wouldn't you?  Sorry, now where was I? Oh yes, the tennis.

Sorry, did you hear me yawn?  I forgot to add that Suzanne has cut Laura Robson's hair but never Serena or Venus Williams'...

Oh, I do miss being a journalist. I'd forgotten how much fun it was.
    

 

3 comments:

another guernseygirl said...

I'm interested to hear about the hairdressing preferences of the tennis players and surprised to hear that more women hadn't had a trim but they would have probably have done that before the tournament got going.Good luck to them all with short or long hair.

Carol said...

I do like the connection between tealeaves and haircuts lol.

Hubby watches the tennis, but I am just a little put out that Doctors is on hold until the tennis is over :)

carol
DizzyC

Guernsey Girl said...

Thanks to Another Guernsey girl and Dizzy C for making me smile - and for coming over to comment.Don't worry Carol - Doctors will be back soon!!