Search This Blog

Sunday 29 January 2012

Even a dog can dream...


O
o
o
o


This is my friend's dog, Kelsey, a lovable King Charles spaniel who's  dreaming of a walk on the beach after an operation on her leg.  I've always been a bit nervous of dogs, and some of them have been more than a little suspicious of me, too.  But Kelsey, a rescue dog, and her sister Katy (just visible in the background) have changed all that.

They bound over to see me when I arrive, each vying for attention before burying their heads  in my handbag in search of  hidden treats.  If I'm lucky they will cuddle up close, keeping me warm on the sofa, trying to lick my face (which I now know is quite a compliment!)  We always had cats  when I was a child, so I never understood how intuitive dogs could be. 'Don't be scared,' their eyes say, when I arrive, 'we only want to be friends.'

My friend, the dogs'  'mum in situ,' is like a third daughter to me, so it means we are keeping it all in the family. Which reminds me. Kelsey is two on Valentine's Day, so I must remember to send her a card. I'm sure she'll be romping on the beach by then....



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much to my Aunty for the lovely piece. Not only am I dreaming of the beach I am also dreaming of what is in your handbag woof. My mum says that dreams are what keep you going in tough times and we all should all hang on to them whoever or whatever we are and do our best to make ours and other peoples come true. Love from Kelsey woof woof

Guernsey Girl said...

Thanks Kelsey - I'd no idea you could use a laptop - does that make you a lap dog? Anyway, your mum is right about the dreams. I'm still hanging on to mine and always will do. Woof woof

Anonymous said...

Not being a doggy person myself, I think the pair of you are barking mad - woof woof!

clo said...

Are you sure you were describing the dog there? It sounded like how millie would greet you! x

Guernsey Girl said...

You're right Chloe - I think Millie wins in the handbag stakes hands down!